Thursday, December 11, 2014

Bay Party of Two

*Catch up post from September 21, 2014

In second grade, I met a peculiar brown-haired girl.
She wore big glasses and loved to read.
She could use sign language fluently.
And her family had Texas roots as deep as mine.
Her name was Abbi Clark.

As Conifer is a small town, Abbi and I grew up together.
We moved from elementary school to middle school to high school with each other, 
even ending up at the same college.
Where, of course, we became roommates.

We experienced a lot with each other over the years.
From birthday parties to sleepovers to school dances to our grand acting debuts
at Stagedoor Theater to the first time each of us began dating. 
She was, in essence, the third sister I was never given. 

In high school, Abbi began dating a boy named Nick.
I had known Nick since middle school.
Like I mentioned, Conifer is tiny. 
From what I saw in high school, they would date for a bit and
then break up for a bit. 
It was a fleeting love, or so we all assumed.

My opinion changed, however, junior year of college.
Abbi had begun to date Nick again.
I remember, as she sat with a gleam in her eye, and told us roommates
that she had started seeing him again.
She talked about how full her heart was and the happiness in her life
and even spoke about how this was "a different type of love."

Well.....

Here we are - September 21, 2014 - their wedding day!! 
(yes, I realize I am posting this in December)

After years of trials and tribulations, Abbi and Nick 
FINALLY tied the knot. 

The beautiful couple! 

They had a beautiful ceremony at the Highlands Ranch Mansion.
It was the perfect setting.
The exterior looked like a castle and the intricate interior details only
added to the magical illusion. 
In lamest terms, they pretty much were married at Hogwarts.

They were surrounded by a small group of family and friends,
and the couple was married by Abbi's step-father.
The ceremony was breathtakingly beautiful.
And yes, I shed a few (or a lot) tears of joy for them.

I was honored to be a part of their wonderful day.
I was in charge of their guest book and handing out programs.
It was the perfect job, and one I more than gladly accepted.
And I even got a corsage.....
Sadly, it was the very first one I've ever received.....

The whole evening was a wonderful mixture of old and new.
I was able to catch up and see many friends I had grown up with,
while also sharing the evening with my new college buddies.


My gang for the evening! 

We spent the evening dancing and laughing and 
taking way too many pictures in their handmade photo booth.
The evening was magical. 


Photo booth fun

Greeley Gang

Remake of our college graduation photo with the bride! 

Abbi and Nick are two of the most amazing people I have met in my life.
Both of them are filled with so much passion and life and love.
I can't wait to see what the future holds for them.
However, I do know, whatever it is, they will charge at it head first....
and in great style! 

Here's to the happy couple, love you both! 




ps - a few extra pictures...because you can never have too many! 


Group shot from the bridal shower

Group shot from the bachelorette party

1 comment: